2015-11-30

Photo of the Week 2015-11-30

This past weekend, and friend and I decided to revisit a local trial and I pre-visualized an image capturing the regimented pines planted along one particular section. I intended to capture the scene with an ultra-wide angle lens (14mm) to accentuate the lines and pattern of the planting, but when we came to this spot, it was the colouring of the forest floor and the solitary rock that caught me eye.

With morning light coming from the side, the rock just seemed to glow among the line of tree trunks and mess of branches. So I abandoned the 5DIII with the 14mm Rokinon attached and pulled out the 7DII with the Sigma 18-300, knelt down under the branches of the closest tree and set up for the shot.

solitary rock
Sometimes I start out with a particular type of image in mind and end up with something completely different, sometimes I have nothing in mind for a n image and just capture what is there. I did get some interesting images with the ultra-wide but this is my favourite from the outing, so I'm glad I had a second camera and lens along.

... here is an image like the one I had previsualized. I like it too.
fallen comrade























DJE

4 comments:

  1. I commented on your Flickr page about the rock image.
    Here it is about 'Fallen Comrade' I really like the treatment applied to produce this image !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reminds me of days spent hiking the trails through the Hanlon Creek Conservation Area. Nice image.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now there's a place I need to go back to. It's been a while.
      Thanks FG.

      Delete