2016-02-15

Photo of the Week 2016-02-15

Good 'ol Canadian winter finally arrived in Ontario, with temperatures of -27*C showing on the outdoor thermometer at 0-dark-thirty Saturday morning at the cottage. The snow was making that familiar 'crunch' under foot as I took Murphy out for his morning routine, after getting my day started with a couple of mugs of cottage brew ... and then there was the sensation of nasal passages freezing as I inhaled the fresh, clean, crisp morning air .... ahhhh Canadian winter ... where have you been? I've missed you :-)

Sunday morning, temps were on the rise and were a balmy -13*C when I finally made the winter trek to Indian Head Cove to be rewarded with scenes like the one below, for a mid-day photography session.

frosted shores I
This is a trek I've been wanting to do for a couple of winters and I just never got around to doing it until now. Conditions were not ideal for photography, with bright mid-day sun beaming off the fresh white snow, but I was able to compose to exclude shadow areas which made exposures manageable.

... next, I want to visit here when winter waters are angry and lashing at the shore :-)

DJE

4 comments:

  1. Awesome! I've never got in there in the winter; it's really tempting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me thinks it would be a quick `n easy run on cc skis FG. We met and were passed by a skier along the trail.

      Delete
  2. I may not spend the winters here any more, but i still count my blessings everyday, that i made this great land my home

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can`t imagine that I will ever tire of scenery like this. Briefly chatting with fellow trekkers, we all commented on how each time we visit these locations they are different.
      Thanks for stopping by Les & Cindy :-)

      Delete