2016-10-24

Photo of the Week 2016-10-24

I enjoy all of the seasons but fall is my favourite time of year for hikes and photography outdoors. After a spring and summer of fresh lush greens, there is a slow warming of colour while the greens take on a yellow hue. As temperatures drop the pace quickens, the colours rush through variations of gold, orange and red. Having only weekends with time available for photography, the change seems to happen so fast that I'm only able to capture a fraction of it through my lens.

This past weekend I went out for a drive in search of colour. Overcast skies, flat light and spits of rain here and there were not the inspiration that I had hoped for. Looking for something a bit different, I ended up in the quaint town of Elora. It's always an interesting place to photograph and this time of year I expected that there might be some colour splashed about to make for some interesting images. While I didn't find the vibrant colours in many of the areas I chose to explore, a shaft of sunlight fell on a patch of red down one alley as I walked by, and of course I had to go check it out.

Fall Creeper on Wall

Red Creeper
Soon, as fall matures and gives way to winter, this red and other warm colours will be gone. Winter will arrive with it's cool palette of tones.

DJE

3 comments:

  1. Doug; We at Tobermory Legion were trying to send a thank-you card but we cannot seem to find a mailing address for you. Can you advise?

    ReplyDelete