2016-01-04

Photo of the Week 2016-01-04

Spending a week at the cottage over the Christmas and New Year holidays offers a lot of opportunity for photo outings ... it also offers lots of opportunity to sit and read, drink, nap ... eat, nap ... read, drink, eat, nap ... I think you get the idea. Such are the holidays  :-)

So mid week, I thought I better get out for a morning drive and actually do some photography. In search of Snowy Owls specifically, but as always, eyes open for anything to photograph, I followed the now familiar side-roads. In areas where I had spotted them last year, I scanned the fields and fence lines to see if "Snowy' had returned. Searching across the fresh fallen snow for two or three hours, I came up empty. It's difficult to say if the owls have decided not to return to this area or if I just missed them on this day.

Not wanting to turn back without tripping the shutter, I began to look more at the winter scenes of the surrounding fields and forests. Following some yet unexplored roads, west of the main highway, the disappointment of not finding 'Snowy' melted away and my perception changed, time seemed to slow down and all but the scenes in from of me faded away.


At some point I came across a farm with some interesting fence lines in the field and I got out intending to work some trial compositions. While I was getting my cameras ready I heard the sound of a horse neighing and turned around to see three beauties all looking at me across a field. They continued to neigh and whinny off and on for several minutes, all the time keeping an eye on me. They never approached or shifted their position, as I find sometimes horses will. They simply stopped and stared.

equine three

DJE

2 comments:

  1. Neat picture! In my experience horses hardly ever pose nicely like that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That had been my experience until the other day too FG.

      Delete