2016-01-11

Photo of the Week 2016-01-11

I have hundreds of images that were made while I was out for a hike or a morning walk. There is always something that catches my eye and since I usually have a camera with me, I'll stop to take a few shots. Many of these survive the initial edit and import to my master image catalogue but go no further. I find most lack the appeal of the original scene.

Lately, I've been working with the images from each outing to determine if I can bring out some of that original appeal. As an example, this image of a tree along a familiar route, is one that I have photographed many times using a number of different points of view . I've never really been satisfied with the results. This time I decided to spend some time with a recent version in post processing to see if I could do it justice.


winter vignette

Two processing techniques were used for this presentation, one removes the limited colour palette of the winter scene and reduces it to the basic graphic elements in black & white. The other, a vignette treatment, removes distraction around the edges of the frame and directs the viewer to the central elements of the scene in a manner that mimics how I "see" the actual scene. 

vignette
- a small, pleasing view
- a photograph, drawing, etc, with edges that are shaded off

DJE

2 comments:

  1. Very nice! It's hard to capture with a camera what the eye seems to be able to focus on in a scene.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It can be difficult FG, it's a challenge that I enjoy.

      Delete