2016-01-25

Photo of the Week 2016-01-25

This weekend, I was looking through my image library for a particular shot from several years ago to upload on a contest site. While browsing for the image, I came across others made the same day at an abandoned factory location, I decided to select a few for my blog this week and think anyone reading this will find it quite different from my "normal" or at least recent work.

The location, an abandoned factory which has since been demolished, was made available by the manager of the property and along with several of my friends we descended on the property for a few hours of shooting shenanigans. It was my second opportunity to photograph at this location and I had been harbouring an idea for some cinematic shots, should I ever return. I've shared these elsewhere in the past but offer them here as a mini set ... something different.

These were staged and set up in one-man production mode using tripod, wireless speedlites, and remote shutter release, with me as the subject. The location was ideal for scenes with criminal undertones. The others form our group had gone off to shoot in other buildings on their own, so I was left in the cold, dark, emptiness, which got a little unnerving at some points.

busted

in cold darkness

the frisk


the meeting
DJE

1 comment: