2017-11-06

Photo of the Week 2017-11-06

A brief preview of retirement ...

downstream
... on the way up north, I took my time and made several stops to take out a camera and make images of the sights and scenes along the way. It really was so very relaxing to get out of 'hurry mode' and enjoy the trip at a leisurely pace.

One of the primary activities I have planned for retirement (in the near future), . My cameras should get a serious workout, even more than they have in recent years. There are many destinations on my list. Some within a short drive, others may require an over night stop or multi-day adventure .... it will matter not. There will be no shortage of time and the desire to visit the many picturesque locations on my list.

On this 'practice run', one of my stops was at Inglis Falls. I hadn't visited in quite a while and always enjoy the many moods of Inglis. The wind was up and whipping the mist around and up out of the gorge. Without gloves it made for a chilly outing in the mist laden cool fall air. Close to the falls and a bit down stream, the camera lens would get coated with moisture requiring me to wipe it down.

As I moved back upstream to the brink of the falls I turned to shield the lens and looked downstream to see this view. The stone wall near the edge of the gorge provided the extra elevation I needed to eliminate some distracting foreground shrubs so I hopped up (with still a safe space between me and the gorge)


DJE

2 comments:

  1. Great picture! I recognized that immediately. I should hop up on that stone wall for a picture too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tanks FG. Maybe we will run into each other there. Just be careful jumping up on the wall ;-)

      Delete